Spring Time on the Rainy River is considered to be some of the best fishing in the Midwest. This widely renowned river which forms part of the Canadian-US border offers world class fishing.
Take advantage of the extended Walleye season, as the ice moves out the walleye come in for spawn, and are stacked thick where it is not uncommon for any angler to hook several trophy fish on a single outing!
Another popular species of target on the Rainy is of course the Lake Sturgeon. Rainy River is one of the best Sturgeon Fisheries in North America. With a healthy and strong population. These river giants are the largest species of fish in Minnesota. Sturgeon can live as long as 55+ years, reaching lengths of over 7 feet, weighing in at well over 100 pounds.
If you’re looking for an experience, you’ll get it on a Rainy River trip with Wheezy Outdoors!
Full Day Reservation
1-2 People: $500
$50 Each Additional
- You will be spending the day with a knowledgeable, USCG Licensed Captain, who’s goal is to get you on fish, but above all to make sure you have fun! And offering information, tutorial and lessons on use of equipment.
- Also Included in the trip is fishing in a comfortable boat, bait, quality equipment, and fish cleaning and packaging is complimentary, although we are supportive of catch and release.
- A Shore Lunch is available for an additional $35.
- Clients are welcome and encouraged to bring their own equipment. However, it is not necessary, we have everything you will need!
- Clients will also need to bring valid Minnesota and Canadian Fishing License, weather appropriate clothing and any food or beverages they wish.
- Planning more than just a day? Lodging is available at additional cost!
7504 State 6 NE, Remer, MN 56672